English, Hindi, Punjabi
Countries of Work
India, Liberia, Switzerland, United States of America
WHO Foundation/ Senior Portfolio Lead - Strategy and ImpactJun 2022 - Present• Lead strategy and design evidence-based investments for the Primary Health, Digital Health and Mental Health thematic work streams to support the WHO's General Programme of Work and Triple Billion targets.
• Review and augment WHO Foundation’s inaugural triennium strategy (2022-25).
• Design and implement a multi-criteria opportunity prioritisation framework to assess investment opportunities across WHOF’s identified focus areas to provide a clear direction whether to ‘build’, ‘incubate’ or ‘no go’ a specific opportunity.
• Lead engagement with WHO counterparts and key partners in the global health ecosystem to drive action on two critical investment areas, namely 1) Scaling what works i
Independent Global Health Consultant - VariousNov 2021 - Present- Designed a complex evidence-informed multi-sectoral convergent programme for adolescent wellbeing for the Government of Bihar, drawing on evidence from the largest longitudinal study of adolescents globally
- Drive a bi-monthly newsletter product which brings forth implementation lessons from Dvara Health Finance’s flagship health financing innovation for the ‘missing middle'.
- Lead the policy landscaping and programmatic evaluation of a ‘lessons learned’ study for the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) to understand key learnings and takeaways from their decade-long midwifery strengthening programme in Bangladesh.
Population Council/Health Systems SpecialistApr 2019 - Oct 2021Led the health systems design and evidence-to-impact work-streams. Engaged with the federal and state governments on reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH) policy advocacy, as well as with stakeholders such as international philanthropies as a thought-partner in designing health systems initiatives in states with poor health outcomes.
World Health OrganisationGraduated 2019Advanced Course in Health Financing - On-premise in Geneva
Johns Hopkins School of Public HealthGraduated 2014Master of Science in Public Health (International Health - Health Systems and Policy)
Stanford UniversityGraduated 2011Graduate Certificate Program, Strategic Decision and Risk Management
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University - University School of Management StudiesGraduated 2003Master of Business Administration - International Marketing
University of Delhi,Graduated 2001Bachelor of Applied Sciences — Food Science & Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Earmarked taxes
- Financing for PHC and community health (preventive, promotive, and curative care
- Health coverage schemes
- Innovative financing
- Pay for performance
- Provider payment
- Health management, policy and planning
- Institutional strengthening
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Private sector engagement
- Stakeholder engagement
- Strategic planning
- Strategy development
- Health management information systems
- Health-related surveys
- Interoperability of information systems
- Innovation ecosystem strengthening
- Scaling innovations
- Indicator development
- Results and logical frameworks
- Family planning
- Maternal, newborn and child health
- Non-communicable diseases
- Dissemination and knowledge brokering
- Fiscal space analysis
- Policy analysis
- Political economy analysis
- Problems and priorities assessment
- Stakeholder analysis
- Design and organization of service delivery models that include PHC and community health services
- Facilitating stakeholder dialgoue
Evidence synthesis, knowledge translation, health systems design