Countries of Work
Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania
Africa Healthcare NetworkApr 2021 - PresentAfrica Healthcare Network - the first and largest dialysis chain across Sub-Saharan Africa, providing high-quality dialysis at an affordable cost.
I am responsible for overseeing procurement, warehousing, importation and distribution of consumables to all our centers across Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda. Ensuring delivery lead times for international shipments are met and no stock out occurs for each of the centers. My role is also to ensure I buy quality items at the best price to achieve the goal of providing affordable healthcare.
Global Programs for Research and TrainingJan 2017 - Apr 2021UCSF-KEMRI(FACES program)-FACES is an HIV/AIDS care and treatment program in Western Kenya.
Responsible for leading and managing all procurement and warehousing activities.
• Developed inspection checklist for inventory accuracy and management resulting in an improvement of logistics operations from 82% to 99% .
• Designed performance Indicators and service level agreements for monitoring the supplier performance levels on monthly basis.
• Generated savings amounting Ksh 12M against cumulative annual budget of Ksh 300M (i.e. 5%).
• Reduced P2P cycle time (i.e. Purchase Requisition to Purchase Order Conversion) from 7 days to an average of 1 day.
Sidland Construction LimitedJan 2015 - Dec 2016Sidland Construction Limited- A private limited company dealing in civil works such as roads, bridges, building construction, sewerage systems and water works.
• Directed the development and implementation of key procurement strategies and plans and ensuring the strategies and plans are aligned with organizational objectives.
• Maintained "On Time Delivery" KPI at 95% plus for the period
• Expanded force of competition by managing a vendor database
resulting in significant cost savings
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture & TechnologyGraduated 2017Msc Procurement & Logistics Management
Dedan Kimathi University of TechnologyGraduated 2015Bsc Procurement and Logistics Management
Role of humanitarian logistics on supply chain performance in NGOs in Kenya: A case of ACTED KenyaPublished Nov 2017
Areas of Expertise
- Data collection methodology
- Performance management plans
- Cold chain
- Inventory management
- Product selection and registration
- Risk management
- Supply chain and commodity costing
- Supply chain organizational capacity and workforce
- System design
- Warehousing and Distribution