Countries of Work
Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Moldova, Senegal, South Africa, Vietnam
Unabridged LeadershipMay 2013 - PresentProvide leadership coaching, mentoring, and training services to global development organizations.
▪ Design and deliver executive learning interventions: ‘Cross-Cultural Communication’, ‘Communicating for Impact’, ‘Introduction to Coaching,’ ‘An Introduction to Emotional Intelligence' for the UNSSC Executive Management and Emerging Leaders Programs.
▪ Executive and leadership coaching services to global development organizations – UNSSC Women’s Leadership Program, ILO, WHO, WFP, Palladium Group, FP2020, Save the Children, Abt.
▪ Launched Women’s Leadership Coaching – For Women in Global Development – a leadership coaching program focused on building leadership skills.
UNAIDSSep 2006 - Jun 2015Responsible for supporting for government-wide business reengineering process in Ethiopia and change initiatives at HQ.
▪ Worked with Senior Management Team to review and inform HAPCO’s Business Process Reengineering (BPR) findings, identifying relevant international best practices, country experiences and lessons in multi-sectoral responses to HIV and AIDS, effective HIV/AIDS architecture, and gender mainstreaming.
▪ Supported organization-wide restructuring exercise: led the Change Management Working Group (CMWG) composed of Division Managers and Country Representatives to design and deliver capacity building events in the context of an organization-wide restructuring.
UNESCOMay 2009 - Aug 2010Coordinated the Inter-Agency Task Team for educational response to HIV and AIDS.
▪ Coordinated Task Team to support the education response to HIV and AIDS – organized and led strategic planning, work planning and communication; coordinated the planning and organization of two international IATT meetings.
▪ Developed learning aids to assist national partners, UNESCO staff, and development partners to implement a comprehensive education sector response to HIV and AIDS at the country level.
Grenoble Ecole de ManagementGraduated 2015Post-Doctorate Diplome - Employee Engagement in Mission-Based Organzations
University of Wales, Aberystwyth, AberystwythGraduated 1998PhD - Gender and International Politics
University of HullGraduated 1994MA - Gender and International Relations
University of ManitobaGraduated 1989Bachelor of Commerce (Honors), Business Administration
Leadership Is Dynamic: It Takes Many Shapes And FormsPublished Jan 2021
Emotional Intelligence: Why We Need It Now, More Than EverPublished Dec 2020
“Serious” Leaders Need Self-Care, TooPublished Oct 2020
4 Questions to Help Women Navigate the Second Half of Their CareersPublished Sep 2020
Mentoring Exchanges Handbook- Guidelines for Getting the Best out of your Mentoring ExperiencePublished Jan 2018
Areas of Expertise
- Curriculum development
- Process facilitation
- Remote Coaching
- Staff motivation and retention
Women's Leadership Development
International Coaches Federation